alfredo sauce recipe-
You may be asking, what exactly is Alfredo sauce? Alfredo sauce is classic Italian sauce used in pasta with butter, parmesan cheese and heavy whipping cream. The rich and creamy sauce goes great with pasta like Fettucine and protein like chicken or shrimp.
alfredo sauce ingredients-
Alfredo sauce is such a simple and requires very few ingredients that are most likely already in your fridge.
- Cream- Heavy whipping cream for a richer flavor. Tip- you can substitute for half and half or milk for a healthier and lighter option.
- Milk- Helps balance the richness and thickness of the sauce.
- Butter- Unsalted butter adds a depth of flavor to the sauce.
- Garlic- Enhances the bland taste.
- Parmesan cheese- Though we used grated cheese, you can grate fresh cheese for better results.
- Salt and pepper- Season the sauce to taste.
how to make alfredo sauce?
Making homemade alfredo sauce from scratch is so QUICK and EASY!
- In a large skillet or saucepan with a thick bottom, add the butter and minced garlic. Cook until garlic becomes fragrant.
- Over low/med heat, stir in the milk and heavy whipping cream.
- Add the parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste. Continue whisking until well incorporated so it doesn’t separate.
- Cook until the sauce thickens, stirring frequently.